CODING ACADEMY (AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM) Grades 7 to 12
Teen Coding Academy
Age Range: Grades 7 to 12
Prerequites: Suitable for students who have a keen interest in computer science. No prior experience is required. Good core values in the classroom is expected. BYOD – Bring your own Windows laptop for this program.
The Teen Coding Academy is an after school coding academy for teens in Grades 7 and above in Melbourne, Australia and is part of the Innovate Program which has the primary focus on getting students to code and upskill themselves in computer science.
Coding is an important skill to prepare students for the jobs which exist and the jobs to be which will come around in the future due to a rapidly developing technology driven world. Through coding, students will learn about logic, computational thinking, improve their critical thinking and problem solving skills. They will understand how the web works and create working websites.
By learning how to code, students will enhance their digital literacy skills, improve their ability to focus on tasks at hand, learn how to use the computer productively to their advantage, how programs work and the enjoyment that comes with thinking through things and creating something that works.
Benefits of learning how to code:
- Learn a variety of programming languages (Python, HTML, Java, C++, Stencyl)
- Improve the ability to focus
- Develop computational thinking skills
- Develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Take on an iterative approach to problem solving
- Enhance Digital Literacy skills
- Build confidence and creativity
- Prepare for secondary education and projects at school and higher learning
- Prepare for the future
- Develop patience, resilience and strong leadership skills in managing technology
Teen Coding Academy Details Term 3, 2018
9 week program each term
Session 1 Time: 4.30pm to 6.00pm (Wednesdays)
Session 2 Time: 6.00pm to 7.30pm (Wednesdays)
Start date: Wednesday, 18 July 2018
End date: Wednesday , 12 September 2018
Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 – 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Cost: $260 per term, per student
Program Key Terms for Enrollments & Renewals
- Bookings /Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
- Fees must be paid in full before a student can enter the program every term.
- There are no make up classes for this program if a student does not come for class. Public holidays are made up with either an extra lesson or session hours added on which will be decided by Innovate Academy.
- No parent / guardian is permitted to stay in the classroom as the program promotes independent learning.
- Laptops are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Please refer to the Academy Calendar for make up lessons and session changes.
Limited places available for students who do not have their own laptops. If the laptops have been booked out, other students may join this program on the condition that they BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Windows Laptop. If the maximum number of students is reached, registration will close.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Enrol Now for Teen Coding Academy Wednesdays Website Development 6.00 pm class