CODING ACADEMY (AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM) Grades 7 to 12
Teen Coding Academy
Age Range: Grades 7 to 12
Prerequites: Suitable for students who have a keen interest in computer science. No prior experience is required. Good core values in the classroom is expected. BYOD – Bring your own Windows laptop for this program.
The Teen Coding Academy is an after school coding academy for teens in Grades 7 and above in Melbourne, Australia and is part of the Innovate Program which has the primary focus on getting students to code and upskill themselves in computer science.
Coding is an important skill to prepare students for the jobs which exist and the jobs to be which will come around in the future due to a rapidly developing technology driven world. Through coding, students will learn about logic, computational thinking, improve their critical thinking and problem solving skills. They will understand how the web works and create working websites.
By learning how to code, students will enhance their digital literacy skills, improve their ability to focus on tasks at hand, learn how to use the computer productively to their advantage, how programs work and the enjoyment that comes with thinking through things and creating something that works.
Benefits of learning how to code:
- Learn a variety of programming languages (Python, HTML, Java, C++, Stencyl)
- Improve the ability to focus
- Develop computational thinking skills
- Develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Take on an iterative approach to problem solving
- Enhance Digital Literacy skills
- Build confidence and creativity
- Prepare for secondary education and projects at school and higher learning
- Prepare for the future
- Develop patience, resilience and strong leadership skills in managing technology
Experience and Participate in the academy Hour of Code in Term 4 and receive a certificate.
Teen Coding Academy Details Term 4, 2017
Start date: Wednesday, 11 October 2017
End date: Wednesday, 6 December 2017
Session Time: 4.30pm to 6.00pm (Wednesdays)
Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 – 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Cost: $250 per term, per student
Code Academy Program Renewals
- Academy program renewals for subsequent terms can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
Innovate Technology and Robotics Academy conducts mandatory professional development courses for our instructors, hence the last week of every term is dedicated to that. No sessions for students will be held on the last week of every term. Please refer to the Academy Calendar for make up lessons and session changes.
Terms and Conditions apply.