JUNIOR KIDS CODING ACADEMY
(AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM)
Grades 1 to 2
Junior Kids Coding Academy
Age Range: Grades 1 to 2
Prerequites: Suitable for students who have a keen interest in computer science. No prior experience is required. Good core values in the classroom is expected.
Junior Kids Coding Academy is a specialist after school coding academy for Junior kids in Grades 1 and 2 in Melbourne, Australia. The Junior Kids Coding Academy is for students who are interested in advancing their knowledge and skills in computer science with simpler coding using drag and drop formats with an experienced coding instructor.
Through coding, Junior students will learn about logic, computational thinking, improve their critical thinking and problem solving skills. They will develop their computational thinking skills and learn that problem solving is part of life and the technological world.
The Junior Coding Academy prepares students for coding programs in school. It also enhances their digital literacy and develops their love and respect for the advantages of technology and how to use it responsibly.
Benefits of learning how to code
- Improve the ability to focus
- Develop computational thinking skills
- Develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Take on an iterative approach to problem solving
- Enhance Digital Literacy skills
- Build confidence and creativity
- Prepare for primary and secondary education
- Prepare for the jobs of the future in a rapidly advancing technological world
- Develop patience, resilience and strong leadership skills in managing and advancing in technology
Junior Kids Coding Academy Details Term 1, 2018
6.00 pm Class
Start date: Monday, 29 January 2018
End date: Monday , 26 March 2018
Session Time: 6.00pm to 7.15pm (Mondays)
Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 – 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Cost: $260, per student, per term
Code Academy Program Renewals
- Bookings / Renewals can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
- Places are allocated on a first come, first served basis. Limited seating available.
Please refer to the Academy Calendar for make up lessons and session changes.
Limited places available. Tablets provided.
Terms and Conditions apply.