Mindstorms Robotics Academy (After School Program)
Age Range: Grade 3 to 6 (Book early to avoid disappointment)
Prerequisite: Suitable for students who have a keen interest in technology and computer science. No prior experience required. Good behaviour in the classroom is required.
The Mindstorms Robotics Academy is an exclusive weekly robotics academy program for students in Grades 3 to 6. It is a place where students will engage and learn the Lego Mindstorms technology in a highly motivated environment with other like minded students .
Students will learn how the Mindstorms robot works and gain knowledge of programming using the Mindstorms software and ROBOT C for added variety and skill development. Students will have access to the Mindstorms EV3 robots as well as virtual robotics in the classroom and staying longer means academy students will be able to have access to special academy programs such as certification programs and be selected to participate in robotics competitions.
Students will exercise their creative thinking skills by building and programming their own robots to perform various missions. Projects, tasks and written worksheets are part of the Mindstorms Robotics Academy which is suited for students who are interested in an academic pathway. Students will also learn CAD, 3D printing, participate in the Hour of Code and take on engineering challenges as part of Innovate’s curriculum (students will have to be in the academy for the year to experience these additional activities)
At the Mindstorms Robotics Academy, students not only learn how to make robots work but in that process, they learn how to work with others, exercise the academy’s core values and develop a solution pathway to problem solving, which are skills they need for life.
A complete STEM driven education in Australia’s most innovative academy of futuristic technology for students who love robotics and technology.
What you need to know:
- No experience in robotics is required to be part of the academy.
- Students should be open to learning in a team based environment.
- The academy promotes teamwork and good core values.
- For maximum benefit, the academy prefers students committed to the academy for a year but students can still leave after a term if they wish to.
- Academy certifications are available for students who are keen to take their knowledge to a higher and deeper level.
- Students are expected to join in the curriculum set for every term.
- There are no trial classes available.
Mindstorms Robotics Academy Details Term 4, 2017:
Start Date: Monday, 9 October 2017
End Date: Monday, 4 December 2017
Session time: Mondays, 4.30 pm to 6.00 pm
Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 – 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Cost: $250 per term, per child
Mindstorms Academy Program Renewals
- Bookings /Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
Innovate Technology and Robotics Academy conducts mandatory professional development courses for our instructors, hence the last week of every term is dedicated to that. No sessions for students will be held on the last week of every term. Please refer to the Academy Calendar for make up lessons and session changes.
Terms and Conditions apply.