Mindstorms Robotics Academy (After School Program)
Age Range: Grade 3 to 6
Prerequisite: Suitable for students who have a keen interest in technology, robotics and computer science. No prior experience required. Good behaviour in the classroom is expected.
The Mindstorms Robotics Academy is an exclusive weekly robotics academy program for students in Grades 3 to 6. It is a place where students will engage and learn the Lego Mindstorms technology as the primary tool in a highly motivated environment with other like minded students .
Students will learn how the Mindstorms robot works and gain knowledge of programming using the Mindstorms software and ROBOT C for added variety and skill development. Students will have access to the Mindstorms EV3 robots as well as virtual robotics in the classroom and staying longer means academy students will be able to have access to special academy programs such as certification programs and be selected to participate in robotics competitions.
Students will exercise their creative thinking skills by building and programming their own robots to perform various missions. Projects, tasks and written worksheets are part of the Mindstorms Robotics Academy which is suited for students who are interested in an academic pathway.
At the Mindstorms Robotics Academy, students not only learn how to make robots work but in that process, they learn how to work with others, exercise the academy’s core values and develop a solution pathway to problem solving, which are skills they need for life. A complete STEM driven education in Australia’s most innovative academy of futuristic technology for students who love robotics and technology.
- Mindstorms Robotics
- CAD (Computer Aided Design)
- 3D printing
- Artificial Intelligence
What you need to know:
- No experience in robotics is required to be part of the academy.
- Students should be open to learning in a team based environment.
- The academy promotes teamwork and good core values.
- For maximum benefit, the academy prefers students committed to the academy for a year but students can still leave after a term if they wish to.
- To participate in all secondary modules, the student must stay in the academy for a year (from any point of joining).
- Academy certifications are available for students who are keen to take their knowledge to a higher and deeper level.
- Students are expected to join in the curriculum set for every term.
- There are no trial classes available.
Mindstorms Robotics Academy Details Term 3, 2018:
9 week program each term
Start Date: Monday, 16 July 2018
End Date: Monday, 10 September 2018
Session time: Mondays, 4.30 pm to 6.00 pm
Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 – 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Cost: $260 per term, per child
Term Dates for 2018:
Term 1 (9 weeks) – Monday 29 January 2018 to Monday 26 March 2018
Term 2 (9 weeks) – Monday 16 April 2018 to Monday 18 June 2018
Term 3 (9 weeks) – Monday 16 July 2018 to Monday 10 September 2018
Term 4 (9 weeks) – Monday 8 October 2018 to Monday 3 December 2018
Program Key Terms for Enrollments & Renewals
- Bookings /Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
- Fees must be paid in full before a student can enter the program every term.
- There are no make up classes for this program if a student does not come for class. Public holidays are made up with either an extra lesson or session hours added on which will be decided by Innovate Academy.
- No parent / guardian is permitted to stay in the classroom as the program promotes independent learning.
Please refer to the Academy Calendar for make up lessons and session changes.
Terms and Conditions apply.