Robot IQ Robotics Academy
Age Range: Grades 4 to 6
Prerequites: Suitable for students who have a keen interest in technology, robotics and computer science. No prior experience is required. Good behaviour in the classroom is expected.
OUR WORLD CHAMPIONS – NO.3 IN THE WORLD!!!
TEAM 10629E VEX WORLDS FINALS, LOUISVILLE, KENTUCKY
The popular Robot IQ Robotics Academy is suitable for students who love STEM and who wish to take on their learning of robotics to a higher and deeper level with progression along our academic pathway. The Robot IQ Robotics Academy is also suited for beginners with a great attitude of wanting to learn.
Students will learn about different smart motors, sensors, gears, chains, tank threads and much more. While also developing their building skills, students will also be taught coding with ROBOT C which is a popular programming language for software development and are building a foundation that sets up a perfect pipeline to future robotics competitions, college, university and a career.
The Robot IQ Robotics Academy also provides lessons using Virtual Robotics which gives students a good knowledge of coding their robots in a virtual environment which will further develop their programming skills with ROBOT C.
Students at the Robot IQ Robotics Academy are provided with fun fields to play with various kits and challenges, to get into the competitive atmosphere of the Innovate’s Robotics Competitions. Through the year, students will learn a variety of different projects and participate in other engineering challenges as part of Innovate’s curriculum (students will have to be in the academy for the year to experience these additional activities). With our interactive and tool driven learning environment, students are able to learn while making new friends, learn how to work in teams, problem solve, develop their critical thinking skills and gain a wholesome STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) education.
Robot IQ Robotics Academy students will be guided by instructors who are experienced in teaching robotics as a subject in Australian schools and coached teams for national and international robotics competitions.
- Vex IQ robotics system
- CAD (Computer Aided Design)
- 3D printing and design
- Virtual robotics
What you need to know:
- Students should be willing to learn and work with others as a TEAM.
- For maximum benefit, the academy prefers students committed to the academy for a year but students can still leave after a term if they wish to.
- Students may take certification exams should they wish to take their learning to a deeper and higher level.
- Robotics learning pathway to Advanced Systems in Grade 7 onwards.
- Students are expected to join in the curriculum set for every term and demonstrate respectful behaviour.
- No Trial Classes available. The program is suited for students who are driven and who are interested in achieving an outcome.
Robot IQ Robotics Academy Details Term 2, 2018
9 week program each term
Start date: Tuesday, 17 April 2018
End date: Tuesday, 19 June 2018
Session Time: 6.00pm to 7.30pm (Tuesdays)
Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 – 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Cost: $260 per term, per student
Term Dates for 2018:
Term 1 (9 weeks) – Tuesday 30 January 2018 to Tuesday 27 March 2018
Term 2 (9 weeks) – Tuesday 17 April 2018 to Tuesday 19 June 2018
Term 3 (9 weeks) – Tuesday 17 July 2018 to Tuesday 11 September 2018
Term 4 (9 weeks) – Tuesday 9 October 2018 to Tuesday 4 December 2018
Robot IQ Academy Program Renewals
- Bookings/ Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
NOTE: Please refer to the Academy Calendar for make up lessons and session changes.
Terms and Conditions apply.