Robotic Systems Academy
Age Range: Grades 3 to 6
Prerequisites: Suitable for students who have a keen interest in technology, robotics and computer science. No prior experience required. Good behaviour in the classroom is expected.
Innovate’s open learning program which uses a variety of sophisticated and educational robotics tools Students who love an appreciate technology and discovery can expect to take robotics to a new level. Embrace future technologies! Using a creative brick (core module), students will learn about simple machines, advanced machines and other structures which are relevant in our lives (think traffic lights, lifts, conveyor belts etc). Students will learn about gears, gear ratios, the transmission of gears, rack and worm gears, pulleys, screws, belts and more through building a series of projects. A roboticist in the classroom!
Gaining intelligent control of the creative brick, students are taught about the functions of different types of sensors, writing programs and flow charts for the brick and solving problems encountered along the way. Secondary modules include electronics, projects, robotics with different robots and more.
Students will develop their logical thinking skills, problem solving abilities, their creativity and imagination along with other core values such as resilience, patience and perseverance, which are just as important in their development.
Limited places available in this program.
- Robotics with specialized systems
- CAD (Computer Aided Design)
- 3D printing and design
- Electronics (littleBits, Snap Circuits)
- Modular robotics
- Robotics and coding with Ozobot
- Artificial Intelligence
Robotic Systems Academy Details Term 3, 2018:
9 week program each term
Start Date: Monday, 16 July 2018
End Date: Monday, 10 September 2018
Session time: Mondays, 4.30 pm to 6.00 pm
Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 – 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Cost: $260 per term, per child
Term Dates for 2018:
Term 1 (9 weeks) – Monday 29 January 2018 to Monday 26 March 2018
Term 2 (9 weeks) – Monday 16 April 2018 to Monday 18 June 2018
Term 3 (9 weeks) – Monday 16 July 2018 to Monday 10 September 2018
Term 4 (9 weeks) – Monday 8 October 2018 to Monday 3 December 2018
Program Key Terms for Enrollments & Renewals
- Bookings /Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
- Fees must be paid in full before a student can enter the program every term.
- There are no make up classes for this program if a student does not come for class. Public holidays are made up with either an extra lesson or session hours added on which will be decided by Innovate Academy.
- No parent / guardian is permitted to stay in the classroom as the program promotes independent learning.
NOTE: Please refer to the Academy Calendar for make up lessons and session changes.
Terms and Conditions apply.