PYTHON | JAVA - KIDS CODING ACADEMY
(AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM)
Age Range: Grades 3 to 6
Prerequites: Suitable for students who have a keen interest in computer science. No prior experience is required. Good core values in the classroom is expected.
ENROLL NOW – PYTHON | JAVA – KIDS CODING ACADEMY, 6.00pm, TERM 2, 2020
A comprehensive course for the Python and JAVA programming language – For the Coding Enthusiast! If you have never programmed before, already know basic syntax, or want to learn more about Python and JAVA, this course is for you! In this course we will teach you using the latest versions of Python and JAVA. Python and JAVA is an easy programming language and suited for beginners. Plus Python and JAVA is a great language to have on your resume as Python / JAVA programmers are much sought after.
This course will teach you Python and JAVA in a practical manner, with step by step instructions, activities and projects (example: simple games) to complete. Best suited for students who want to learn another well used programming language.
Python | JAVA Coding Academy is an after school coding academy for kids in Melbourne, Australia who are interested in advancing their knowledge and skills in computer science. The Python | JAVA Coding Academy is part of the Innovate Program which has the primary focus on getting students to code, learn, upskill and challenge themselves.
Coding is an important skill to prepare students for the jobs which already exist and the jobs to be. Many more jobs are coming up which require good knowledge of coding and a computer science background. Through coding, students will learn about logic, computational thinking, improve their critical thinking and problem solving skills. What’s more, they get to build on their soft skills such as resilience, communication and learning to work with others successfully while working on their challenges. They will develop an understanding of how the web works and create working websites.
By learning how to code, students will enhance their digital literacy skills, improve their ability to focus on the tasks at hand and learn how to use the computer productively to their advantage. They will have a better understanding of how programs work and the enjoyment that comes with thinking through things and creating something that works.
Benefits of learning how to code:
- Learn a variety of programming languages (Python) through the year
- Improve the ability to focus
- Develop computational thinking skills
- Develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Take on an iterative approach to problem solving
- Enhance Digital Literacy skills
- Build confidence and creativity
- Prepare for secondary education and projects at school and higher learning
- Prepare for the jobs of the future in a rapidly advancing technological world
- Develop patience, resilience and strong leadership skills in managing and advancing in technology
Kids Coding Academy Details Term 2, 2020 (Python | JAVA Coding Class)
Tuesdays, 4.30 pm & 6.00pm Classes
Term 2, 2020: Python programing concepts will be taught
9 week program each term
(Early booking required to secure an academy laptop)
Start date: Tuesday, 14 April 2020
End date: Tuesday, 9 June 2020
Session 1 Time: 4.30pm to 6.00pm (Tuesdays)
Session 2 Time: 6.00pm to 7.30pm (Tuesdays)
Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 – 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Cost: $270 per term, per student
(Additional $10 late enrollment fee applies after Monday 16 March 2020. Please book early to avoid this payment. This greatly helps with program and resource planning.)
Term Dates for 2020:
Term 1 (9 weeks) – Tuesday 28 January 2020 to Tuesday 24 March 2020
Term 2 (9 weeks) – Tuesday 14 April 2020 to Tuesday 9 June 2020
Term 3 (9 weeks) – Tuesday 14 July 2020 to Tuesday 8 September 2020
Term 4 (9 weeks) – Tuesday 6 October 2020 to Tuesday 1 December 2020
Program Key Terms for Enrollments & Renewals
- Bookings /Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
- Fees must be paid in full before a student can enter the program every term.
- There are no make up classes for this program if a student does not come for class. Public holidays are made up with either an extra lesson or session hours added on which will be decided by Innovate Academy.
- No parent / guardian is permitted to stay in the classroom as the program promotes independent learning.
- Laptops are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Please refer to notices from Innovate Academy for make up lessons and session changes during the term, if applicable.
Limited places available for students who do not have their own laptops. If the laptops have been booked out, other students may join this program on the condition that they BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Windows Laptop. If the maximum number of students is reached, registration will close.
Terms and Conditions apply.