Python Coding Academy
Age Range: Grades 3 to 10
Prerequites: Suitable for students who have a keen interest in computer science. No prior experience is required. Good core values in the classroom is expected.
A comprehensive course for the Python programming language – For the Coding Enthusiast! If you have never programmed before, already know basic syntax, or want to learn more about Python, this course is for you! In this course we will teach you using the latest versions of Python. Python is an easy programming language and suited for beginners and also if you are looking to learn more. Plus Python is a great language to have on your resume as Python programmers are much sought after.
This course will teach you Python coding in a practical manner, with step by step instructions, activities and projects (example: simple games) to complete. Best suited for students who want to learn another well used programming language.
Advance your skills in Python, challenge yourself! Be ready for the jobs which already exist and the jobs to be. Many more jobs are coming up which require good knowledge of coding and a computer science background. Through coding, you will increase your logical thinking and problem solving skills. What’s more, you will build on your soft skills such as resilience, communication and learning to work with others successfully while working on various challenges and not giving up halfway.
So if you want to enhance your digital literacy skills, learn how to use your computer productively and have a better understanding of how programs work, this is the course for you.
How does it work in class?
Students will work in both individual and/or group projects. They will be in different levels in class, according to their abilities. When working with others, students will be placed into groups appropriate for the level they are at.
Benefits of learning how to code:
- Learn a variety of programming languages (Python) through the year
- Improve the ability to focus
- Develop computational thinking skills
- Develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Take on an iterative approach to problem solving
- Enhance Digital Literacy skills
- Build confidence and creativity
- Prepare for secondary education and projects at school and higher learning
- Prepare for the jobs of the future in a rapidly advancing technological world
- Develop patience, resilience and strong leadership skills in managing and advancing in technology
Python Coding Academy Details Term 2, 2021
8 week program each term
BYOD: Students will be required to bring their own laptop for this program. Rental of laptop for class use only, will incur an additional charge of $20 per term.
Start date: Tuesday, 20 April 2021
End date: Tuesday, 30 March 2021
Session Time: 4.30pm to 6.00pm (Tuesdays)
Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 – 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Cost: $270 per term, per student
Term Dates for 2021:
Term 2 (8 weeks) – Tuesday 20 April 2021 to Tuesday 8 June 2021
Program Key Terms for Enrollments & Renewals
- Bookings /Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
- Fees must be paid in full before a student can enter the program every term.
- Student must not attend class if unwell and contact the academy for an online alternative or a credit. Public holidays are made up with either an extra lesson or session hours added on which will be decided by Innovate Academy.
- No parent / guardian is permitted to stay in the classroom as the program promotes independent learning.
- Laptops are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Please refer to notices from Innovate Academy for make up lessons and session changes during the term, if applicable.