Junior Engineering and Technology Academy
Age range: Grade 1 and Grade 2
Trial Session NOW Available for booking
Prerequisite: Suitable for students who are able to attend the class independently with a keen interest in fun learning.
The Junior Engineering and Technology Academy is an integrated STEM academy for students in Grade 1 and Grade 2, to develop their interests in simple machines, mechanisms and how things work. Students will learn Robotics, Coding, Computer Science, Engineering, Architecture and Design through the year with Innovate Technology and Robotics Academy’s wide array of STEM resources and curriculum. Junior students will be guided by experienced instructors who are experienced in teaching coding and robotics.
Junior students can start their learning with the Junior Engineering and Technology Academy and understand the fundamentals of robotics, coding, electronics and technology before progressing to digital technology programs for middle school students. This is a great place to give younger students a head start in STEM subjects and develop their confidence in robotics, coding and handling various types of technology in a safe and fun place.
Junior learning through the year:
- The basics of robotics and coding
- Engineering concepts (using planks and 3D STEM blocks)
- Junior Robotics with Gears, Pulleys, Belts, Levers
- Exploring simple machines and clever contraptions
- Architecture and Design
- Developing logical thinking with Drag and Drop programming using Scratch / various apps
- Developing a good introduction to computer science basics in preparation for coding programs at school or for higher learning programs at Innovate
- Modular robotics (understanding how robots work)
- Electronics – how circuits work (projects with littleBits, Snap Circuits)
- Junior robotics with the Ozobot (visual coding, coding on tablets and Ozoblockly)
Junior Engineering and Technology Academy Details Term 3, 2021:
8 week program each term
Trial Session NOW Available for booking.
Start date: Tuesday, 13 July 2021 | End date: Tuesday, 31 August 2021
Session Time: 4.30 pm – 5.45 pm weekly
Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 – 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Class Ratio: 8:1 (Student : Educator)
Cost: $270 per student, per term
Tuesday Term Dates for 2021:
Term 2 (8 weeks) – Tuesday 20 April 2021 to Tuesday 8 June 2021
Term 3 (8 weeks) – Tuesday 13 July 2021 to Tuesday 31 August 2021
Term 4 (8 weeks) – Tuesday 5 October 2021 to Tuesday 23 November 2021
Program Key Terms for Enrollments & Renewals
- Bookings /Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
- Fees must be paid in full before a student can enter the program every term.
- Public holidays are made up with either an extra lesson or session hours added on which will be decided by Innovate Academy.
- Student must not attend class if unwell and contact the academy for an online alternative or a credit.
- No parent / guardian is permitted to stay in the classroom as the program promotes independent learning.
- This program is only suitable for students who are in Grades 1 and 2.
NOTE: Please refer to notices from Innovate Academy for make up lessons and session changes during the term, if applicable.