Junior Engineering and Technology Academy
Age range: Grade 1 and Grade 2
Prerequisite: Suitable for students who are able to attend the class independently with a good attitude in the classroom.
“The only way to embrace a world which is rapidly changing is to keep on learning new things.”
The Junior Engineering and Technology Academy is an integrated STEM academy for younger students in Grade 1 and Grade 2, to develop their interests in simple machines, mechanisms and how things work. Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths are the focus subjects in the Junior Engineering and Technology Academy. Students will learn Robotics, Coding, Computer Science, Engineering, Architecture and Design through the year with Innovate Technology and Robotics Academy’s wide array of STEM resources and curriculum for Grades 1 and 2. Junior students will be taught by experienced instructors who have conducted various technology and robotics programs for Australian schools and who have robotics and technology experience from teaching at prestigious schools in Singapore.
Junior students can start their learning with the Junior Engineering and Technology Academy and understand the fundamentals of robotics, coding, electronics and technology before progressing to the technology and robotics programs for middle school students and following the academic pathway for robotics by taking certification exams and participating in robotics competitions when they are older. The Junior Engineering and Technology Academy is a great place to give younger students a head start in STEM subjects and develop their confidence in robotics, coding and handling various types of technology in a safe and fun place.
To maximize a student’s learning and to learn all the topics above, it is recommended that students remain in the academy for a year, however, students also have the flexibility to exit the program after a term. There are no trial classes available for this program.
Junior Fundamentals (integrated program with different STEM activities each term):
- The basics of robotics and coding
- Engineering concepts (using planks and 3D STEM blocks)
- Junior Robotics with Gears, Pulleys, Belts, Levers
- Exploring simple machines and clever contraptions
- Architecture and Design
- Developing logical thinking with Drag and Drop programming using Scratch / various apps
- Developing a good introduction to computer science basics in preparation for coding programs at school or for higher learning programs at Innovate
- Modular robotics (understanding how robots work)
- Electronics – how circuits work (projects with littleBits, Snap Circuits)
- Junior robotics with the Ozobot (visual coding, coding on tablets and Ozoblockly)
Junior Engineering and Technology Academy Details Term 3, 2019:
9 week program each term
Start date: Tuesday, 16 July 2019 | End date: Tuesday, 10 September 2019
Session Time: 4.30pm – 5.45pm weekly
Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 – 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Cost: $280 per student, per term (Additional $10 late enrollment fee applies after Friday 28 June 2019. Please book early to avoid this payment. This greatly helps with program and resource planning.)
Term Dates for 2019:
Term 1 (9 weeks) – Tuesday 29 January 2019 to Tuesday 26 March 2019
Term 2 (9 weeks) – Tuesday 23 April 2019 to Tuesday 18 June 2019
Term 3 (9 weeks) – Tuesday 16 July 2019 to Tuesday 10 September 2019
Program Key Terms for Enrollments & Renewals
- Bookings /Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
- No cash payment at the door.
- Fees must be paid in full before a student can enter the program every term.
- There are no make up classes for this program if a student does not come for class. Public holidays are made up with either an extra lesson or session hours added on which will be decided by Innovate Academy.
- No parent / guardian is permitted to stay in the classroom as the program promotes independent learning.
- This program is only suitable for students who are in Grades 1 and 2.
NOTE: Please refer to notices from Innovate Academy for make up lessons and session changes during the term, if applicable.
Terms and Conditions apply.