Junior Engineering and Technology Academy
Age range: Grade 1 and Grade 2
Prerequisite: Suitable for students who are able to attend the class independently with a keen interest in fun learning.
The Junior Engineering and Technology Academy is an integrated STEM academy for students in Grade 1 and Grade 2, to develop their interests in simple machines, mechanisms and how things work. Students will learn Robotics, Coding, Computer Science, Engineering, Architecture and Design through the year with Innovate Technology and Robotics Academy’s wide array of STEM resources and curriculum. Junior students will be guided by experienced instructors who are experienced in teaching coding and robotics.
Junior students can start their learning with the Junior Engineering and Technology Academy and understand the fundamentals of robotics, coding, electronics and technology before progressing to digital technology programs for middle school students. This is a great place to give younger students a head start in STEM subjects and develop their confidence in robotics, coding and handling various types of technology in a safe and fun place.
BOOK INTO OUR TRIAL PROGRAM IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR CHILD TO TRY IT OUT FIRST.
Junior learning through the year:
- The basics of robotics and coding
- Engineering concepts (using planks and 3D STEM blocks)
- Junior Robotics with Gears, Pulleys, Belts, Levers
- Exploring simple machines and clever contraptions
- Architecture and Design
- Developing logical thinking with Drag and Drop programming using Scratch / various apps
- Developing a good introduction to computer science basics in preparation for coding programs at school or for higher learning programs at Innovate
- Modular robotics (understanding how robots work)
- Electronics – how circuits work (projects with littleBits, Snap Circuits)
- Junior robotics with the Ozobot (visual coding, coding on tablets and Ozoblockly)
Junior Engineering and Technology Academy Details Term 4, 2020:
9 week program each term
Start date: Tuesday 6 October 2020*
End date: Tuesday 8 December 2020
*Excludes Tuesday 3 November 2020, being the Melbourne Cup Public Holiday
Session Time: 4.30pm – 5.45pm weekly
Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 – 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Cost: $280 per student, per term
Tuesday Term Dates for 2020:
Term 4 (9 weeks) – Tuesday 6 October 2020 to Tuesday 8 December 2020
Program Key Terms for Enrollments & Renewals
- Bookings /Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
- No cash payment at the door.
- Fees must be paid in full before a student can enter the program every term.
- There are no make up classes for this program if a student does not come for class. Public holidays are made up with either an extra lesson or session hours added on which will be decided by Innovate Academy.
- No parent / guardian is permitted to stay in the classroom as the program promotes independent learning.
- This program is only suitable for students who are in Grades 1 and 2.
NOTE: Please refer to notices from Innovate Academy for make up lessons and session changes during the term, if applicable.
Terms and Conditions apply.