Mindstorms Robotics Academy (After School Program)
Age Range: Grade 3 to 6
Prerequisite: Suitable for students who have a keen interest in technology, robotics and computer science. No prior experience required. Good behaviour in the classroom is expected.
The Mindstorms Robotics Academy is an exclusive weekly robotics academy program for students in Grades 3 to 6 based in Melbourne, Australia. It is a place where students will engage and learn the LEGO Mindstorms robotics technology as the primary tool in a highly motivated environment with other like minded students . Students will learn how the Mindstorms robot works and gain knowledge of programming using the LEGO Mindstorms software. Students will have access to the Mindstorms EV3 robots in the classroomweekly to work on their respective projects.
The Mindstorms Robotics Academy is a progressive academy which engages students with new topics and projects each term together with its secondary modules such as 3D printing, electronics, artificial intelligence and more. Students will exercise their creative thinking skills by building and programming their own robots to perform various missions. Projects, tasks and written worksheets are part of the Mindstorms Robotics Academy which is suited for students who are interested in an academic pathway.
Students who follow the Innovate pathway (at least two terms or more) will have access to special elective modules such as certification programs and be selected to participate in robotics competitions.
At the Mindstorms Robotics Academy, students not only learn how to make robots that work but in that process, they learn how to work with others, exercise the academy’s core values and develop a solution pathway to problem solving, which are skills they need for their future. The Mindstorms Robotics Academy is a complete and progressive STEM driven education in Australia’s most innovative academy of futuristic technology for students who love robotics and technology.
- Mindstorms Robotics
- CAD (Computer Aided Design)
- 3D printing
- Artificial Intelligence
- Augmented Reality
Innovate Academy Mindstorms Robotics Certification modules are available for students who have participated in this program for a minimum of 2 terms (additional certification fees apply). Mindstorms Robotics Levels 1 to 3 are available for students who are driven to succeed and who would like to take their knowledge of the Mindstorms Robotics System to a higher level.
What you need to know:
- No experience in robotics is required to be part of the academy.
- Students should be open to learning in a team based environment.
- The academy promotes teamwork and good core values.
- For maximum benefit, the academy prefers students committed to the academy for a year but students can still leave after a term if they wish to.
- To participate in all elective modules, the student must stay in the academy for a year (from any point of joining).
- Academy certifications are available for students who are keen to take their knowledge to a higher and deeper level.
- Students are expected to join in the curriculum set for every term.
- There are no trial classes available.
Mindstorms Robotics Academy Details Term 4, 2019:
9 week program each term
Start Date: Monday, 7 October 2019
End Date: Monday, 2 December 2019
Session time: Mondays, 4.30 pm to 6.00 pm
Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 – 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Cost: $270 per term, per child (Additional $10 late enrollment fee applies after Friday 27 September 2019. Please book early to avoid this payment. This greatly helps with program and resource planning.)
Term Dates for 2019:
Term 3 (9 weeks) – Monday 15 July 2019 to Monday 9 September 2019
Term 4 (9 weeks) – Monday 7 October 2019 to Monday 2 December 2019
Program Key Terms for Enrollments & Renewals
- Bookings /Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date. Late fees apply after the due date.
- Strictly no cash payment accepted at the door.
- Fees must be paid in full before a student can enter the program every term.
- There are no make up classes for this program if a student does not come for class. Public holidays are made up with either an extra lesson or session hours added on which will be decided by Innovate Academy.
- No parent / guardian is permitted to stay in the classroom as the program promotes independent learning.
Please refer to notices from Innovate Academy for make up lessons and session changes during the term, if applicable.
Terms and Conditions apply.