Robotic Systems Academy (After School Program)
Age Range: Grades 3 to 6
Prerequisites: Suitable for students who have a keen interest in technology, robotics and computer science. No prior experience required. Good behaviour in the classroom is expected.
ENROLL NOW – Robotic Systems Academy Trial Class
Innovate’s open learning program which uses a variety of sophisticated and educational robotics tools Students who love an appreciate technology and discovery can expect to take robotics to a new level. Embrace future technologies! Using a creative brick (core module), students will learn about simple machines, advanced machines and other structures which are relevant in our lives (think traffic lights, lifts, conveyor belts etc). Students will learn about gears, gear ratios, the transmission of gears, rack and worm gears, pulleys, screws, belts and more through building a series of projects. A roboticist in the classroom!
Gaining intelligent control of the creative brick, students are taught about the functions of different types of sensors, writing programs and flow charts for the brick and solving problems encountered along the way. Secondary modules include electronics, projects, robotics with different robots and more.
Students will develop their logical thinking skills, problem solving abilities, their creativity and imagination along with other core values such as resilience, patience and perseverance, which are just as important in their development.
- Robotics with a variety of specialized systems
- CAD (Computer Aided Design)
- 3D printing and design
- Electronics (littleBits, Snap Circuits)
- Modular robotics
- Robotics and coding with Ozobot
- Artificial Intelligence
- Augmented Reality
Innovate Academy Robotic Systems Robotics Certification modules are available for students who have participated in this program for a minimum of 2 terms (additional certification fees apply). Robotics Systems Robotics Levels 1 to 2 are available for students who are driven to succeed and who would like to take their knowledge of the Robotic Systems they use in the classroom to a higher level.
Robotic Systems Academy Details Term 2, 2020:
9 week program each term
Start Date: 20 April 2020* (see * for make up lessons)
End Date: Monday, 1 June 2020*
Session time: Mondays, 4.30 pm to 6.00 pm
Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 - 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Cost: $270 per term, per child (Additional $10 late enrollment fee applies after Monday 16 March 2020. Please book early to avoid this payment. This greatly helps with program and resource planning.)
Term Dates for 2020:
Term 1 (9 weeks) – Monday 3 February 2020 to Monday 23 March 2020
Term 2 (9 weeks*) – Monday 20 April 2020 to Monday 1 June 2020
Term 3 (9 weeks) – Monday 13 July 2020 to Monday 7 September 2020
Term 4 (9 weeks) – Monday 5 October 2020 to Monday 230 November 2020
* Monday, 13 April 2020 is the Easter Monday Public Holiday. The 9 week learning program will be made up with the schedule below.
* Monday, 8 June 2020 is the Queen’s Birthday Public Holiday. The 9 week learning program will be made up with the schedule below.
Make up Lesson Schedule, Term 2:
Monday, 27 April 2020 (extended lesson) from 4.30pm to 7.30pm.
Monday, 4 May 2020 (extended lesson) from 4.30pm to 7.30pm
Program Key Terms for Enrollments & Renewals
- Bookings /Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
- Strictly no cash payment accepted at the door.
- Fees must be paid in full before a student can enter the program every term.
- There are no make up classes for this program if a student does not come for class. Public holidays are made up with either an extra lesson or session hours added on which will be decided by Innovate Academy.
- No parent / guardian is permitted to stay in the classroom as the program promotes independent learning.
NOTE: Please refer to notices from Innovate Academy for make up lessons and session changes during the term, if applicable.
Terms and Conditions apply.