Robotic Systems Academy
Age Range: Grades 3 to 6
Prerequisites: Suitable for students who have a keen interest in technology, robotics and computer science. No prior experience required. Good behaviour in the classroom is expected.
Innovate Academy’s open learning program which uses a variety of sophisticated and educational robotics and technology tools. Students who love an appreciate technology and discovery can expect to gain a deeper understanding of robotics and technologies.
From Arduino robots to Microbit to Studuino robots, students learn how to use different systems. From knowledge of the hardware to the software and programming, students will learn, do and gain control of their technology and further develop their creative thinking and computational thinking skills.
Secondary modules in the program include electronics, 3D design and printing, CAD and more.
Students will develop their logical thinking skills, problem solving abilities, their creativity and imagination along with other core values such as resilience, patience and perseverance, which are just as important in their development. Suited for students who wish to develop their ability to adapt to changing technologies.
BOOK INTO OUR TRIAL PROGRAM IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOUR CHILD TO TRY IT OUT FIRST.
- Robotics with a variety of specialized systems
- CAD (Computer Aided Design)
- 3D printing and design
- Electronics (littleBits, Snap Circuits)
- Modular robotics
- Robotics and coding with Ozobot
- Artificial Intelligence
- Augmented Reality
What you need to know:
- No experience in robotics is required to be part of the academy.
- Students should be open to learning in a team based environment.
- The academy promotes teamwork and good core values.
- For maximum benefit, the academy prefers students committed to the academy for a year but students can still leave after a term if they wish to.
- To participate in all elective modules, the student must stay in the academy for a year (from any point of joining).
- Academy certifications are available for students who are keen to take their knowledge to a higher and deeper level.
- Students are expected to join in the curriculum set for every term.
Robotic Systems Academy Details Term 3, 2020:
9 week program each term
Start date: Monday, 13 July 2020 | End date: Monday 7 September 2020
Session Time: 4.30pm – 6.00pm weekly
Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 – 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Cost: $270 per student, per term
Monday Term Dates for 2020:
Term 3 (9 weeks) – Monday 13 July 2020 to Monday 7 September 2020
Term 4 (9 weeks) – Monday 5 October 2020 to Monday 30 November 2020
Program Key Terms for Enrollments & Renewals
- Bookings /Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
- Fees must be paid in full before a student can enter the program every term.
- There are no make up classes for this program if a student does not come for class. Public holidays are made up with either an extra lesson or session hours added on which will be decided by Innovate Academy.
- No parent / guardian is permitted to stay in the classroom as the program promotes independent learning.
NOTE: Please refer to notices from Innovate Academy for make up lessons and session changes during the term, if applicable.
Terms and Conditions apply.