Robotic Systems Academy
Age Range: Grades 3 to 6
Prerequisites: Suitable for students who have a keen interest in technology, robotics and computer science. No prior experience required. Good behaviour in the classroom is expected.
Learning Requirements: If your child has additional learning requirements, please contact Innovate Academy before enrollment.
Innovate Academy’s open learning program which uses a variety of sophisticated and educational robotics and technology tools. Students who love an appreciate technology and discovery can expect to gain a deeper understanding of robotics and technologies.
From Raspberry Pi, Raspberry Pico, Arduino systems to Microbit and Studuino robots, students learn how to use different systems. From knowledge of the hardware to the software and programming, students will learn, do and gain control of their technology and further develop their creative thinking and computational thinking skills.
Secondary modules in the program include electronics, 3D design and printing, CAD and more.
Students will develop their logical thinking skills, problem solving abilities, their creativity and imagination along with other core values such as resilience, patience and perseverance, which are just as important in their development. Suited for students who wish to develop their ability to adapt to changing technologies.
- Robotics with a variety of specialized systems
- CAD (Computer Aided Design)
- 3D printing and design
- Electronics (littleBits, Snap Circuits)
- Modular robotics
- Robotics and coding with Ozobot
- Artificial Intelligence
- Augmented Reality
What you need to know:
- No experience in robotics is required to be part of the academy.
- Students should be open to learning in a team based environment.
- The academy promotes teamwork and good core values.
- For maximum benefit, the academy prefers students committed to the academy for a year but students can still leave after a term if they wish to.
- To participate in all elective modules, the student must stay in the academy for a year (from any point of joining).
- Academy certifications are available for students who are keen to take their knowledge to a higher and deeper level.
- Students are expected to join in the curriculum set for every term.
Robotic Systems Academy Details Term 3, 2022:
8 week program each term
Start date: To be advised.
*This program operates on Flexible Delivery due to COVID- 19: Lessons affected by lockdowns will be delivered online. Students are required to attend these sessions. All materials are provided for face to face delivery in class. For online lessons, students are required to have a laptop and stable internet connection.
Session Time: To be advised. | Venue: ONLINE Via ZOOM
Class Ratio: 10:1 (Student : Educator) |
Cost: $280 per student, per term
Tuesday Term Dates for 2022:
To be advised.
Program Key Terms for Enrollments & Renewals
- Bookings /Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
- Fees must be paid in full before a student can enter the program every term.
- Student must not attend class if unwell and contact the academy for an online alternative or a credit.
- Make Up Sessions – Public holidays are made up with either an extra lesson or session hours added on which will be decided by Innovate Academy.
- No parent / guardian is permitted to stay in the classroom as the program promotes independent learning.
- COVID- 19: Lessons affected by lockdowns will be delivered online. Students are required to attend these sessions.
- NOTE: Please refer to notices from Innovate Academy for make up lessons and session changes during the term, if applicable.