Spiral in video made with Python Coding
Computer Science Academy for Teens
Age range: Grades 7 to 9
Prerequites: Suitable for students who have a keen interest in computer science. No prior experience is required. Good core values in the classroom is expected.
Learning Requirements: If your child has additional learning requirements, please contact Innovate Academy before enrollment.
The Coding Academy is an after school coding academy for kids and teens who are interested in advancing their knowledge and skills in computer science. This academy is part of the Innovate Program which has the primary focus on getting students to code, learn, upskill and challenge themselves to become unafraid of coding.
Coding is an important skill to prepare students for the jobs which already exist and the jobs to be. Many more jobs are coming up which require good knowledge of coding and a computer science background. Through coding, students will learn about logic, computational thinking, improve their critical thinking and problem solving skills. What’s more, they get to build on their soft skills such as resilience, communication and learning to work with others successfully while working on their challenges. They will develop an understanding of how the web works and create working websites.
By learning how to code, students will enhance their digital literacy skills, improve their ability to focus on the tasks at hand and learn how to use the computer productively to their advantage. They will have a better understanding of how programs work and the enjoyment that comes with thinking through things and creating something that works.
How does it work in class?
Students will work in both individual and/or group projects. They will be in different levels in class, according to their abilities. When working with others, students will be placed into groups appropriate for the level they are at.
Benefits of learning how to code:
- Improve the ability to focus
- Develop computational thinking skills
- Develop problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Take on an iterative approach to problem solving
- Enhance Digital Literacy skills
- Build confidence and creativity
- Prepare for secondary education and projects at school and higher learning
- Prepare for the jobs of the future in a rapidly advancing technological world
- Develop patience, resilience and strong leadership skills in managing and advancing in technology.
Computer Science Academy Term 2, 2023
8 week program each term
Start date: Wednesday 26 April 2023 | End date: Wednesday, 14 June 2023
Session Time: 6.00 pm to 7.00 pm (Wednesdays)
Venue: ONLINE (ZOOM Meetings)
Class Ratio: 10:1 (Student : Educator)
Cost: $300 per term, per student
Wednesday Term Dates for 2023:
Term 1 (8 weeks) – Wednesday 1 February 2023 to Wednesday 29 March 2023
Term 2 (8 weeks) – Wednesday 26 April 2023 to Wednesday 14 June 2023
Term 3 (8 weeks) – Wednesday 12 July 2023 to Wednesday 30 August 2023
Term 4 (8 weeks) – Wednesday4 October 2023 to Wednesday 22 November 2023
Program Key Terms for Enrollments & Renewals
- Bookings /Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
- Fees must be paid in full before a student can enter the program every term.
- There are no make up classes for this program if a student does not come for class. Public holidays are made up with either an extra lesson or session hours added on which will be decided by Innovate Academy.
- No parent / guardian is permitted to stay in the classroom as the program promotes independent learning.
- Laptops are allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- ONLINE CLASSES: Students will require access to a laptop and stable internet access for this. No iPads.
NOTE: Please refer to notices from Innovate Academy for make up lessons and session changes during the term, if applicable.
Terms and Conditions apply.