Robot IQ Robotics Academy
Age Range: Grades 4 to 6
Exciting Robotics Competition coming up! Join this academy program to participate!
Prerequites: Suitable for students who have a keen interest in technology, robotics and computer science. No prior experience is required. Good attitude in the classroom is expected and student should follow the given curriculum and activities.
Learning Requirements: If your child has additional learning requirements, please contact Innovate Academy before enrollment.
OUR WORLD CHAMPIONS – NO.3 IN THE WORLD!!!
Like building robots, discovering how things work, problem solving and developing good core values? Enjoy robotics theory and practical sesssions? Discussions and presentions in class? This might be the program for you! The popular Robot IQ Robotics Academy is suitable for students who love STEM, engaging activities and who wish to take on their learning of robotics to a higher and deeper level with progression along our academic pathway. The Robot IQ Robotics Academy is also suited for beginners with a great attitude of wanting to learn a complex and yet interesting system.
Students will learn robotics with different smart motors, sensors, gears, chains, tank threads, shafts pulleys and much more. This is engineering for students! While also developing their building skills, students will also be taught coding with ROBOT C which is a popular programming language for software development and are building a foundation that sets up a perfect pipeline to future robotics competitions, college, university and a career.
Students at the Robot IQ Robotics Academy are provided with fun fields to play with various kits and challenges, to get into the competitive atmosphere of the Innovate’s Robotics Competitions and external competitions. Through the year, students will learn a variety of different projects and participate in other engineering challenges as part of Innovate’s curriculum (students will have to be in the academy for a year to experience these additional activities and secondary modules listed below). With our interactive learning environment, students are able to learn while making new friends, learn how to work in teams, problem solve, develop their critical thinking skills and gain a wholesome STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) education.
- Vex IQ robotics system
- CAD (Computer Aided Design)
- 3D printing and design
- Virtual robotics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Augmented Reality
Innovate Academy Robot IQ Robotics Certification modules are available for students who have participated in this program for a minimum of 2 terms (additional certification fees apply). Robot IQ Robotics Levels 1 to 3 are available for students who are driven to succeed and who would like to take their knowledge of the VEX IQ Robotics System to a higher level.
What you need to know:
- Students should be willing to learn and work with others as a TEAM.
- For maximum benefit, the academy prefers students committed to the academy for a year but students can still leave after a term if they wish to.
- Students may take certification exams (Levels 1 to 3) should they wish to take their learning to a deeper and higher level.
- Robotics learning pathway to Advanced Systems and VEX robotics in Grade 7 onwards.
- Students are expected to join in the curriculum set for every term and demonstrate respectful behaviour.
Robot IQ Robotics Academy Details Term 1, 2022
8 week program each term
Trial Assessment Class NOW Available for booking.
Start date: Monday 31 January 2022 | End date: Monday 21 March 2022
*This program operates on Flexible Delivery due to COVID- 19: Lessons affected by lockdowns will be delivered online. Students are required to attend these sessions. All materials are provided for face to face delivery in class. For online lessons, students are required to have a laptop and stable internet connection.
Session Time: 6.00pm to 7.30pm (Mondays) | Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 – 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Class Ratio: 10:1 (Student : Educator) | Cost: $280 per term, per student
Monday Term Dates for 2022:
Term 1 (8 weeks) – Monday 31 January 2022 to Monday 21 March 2022
Program Key Terms for Enrollments & Renewals
- Bookings /Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
- No cash payment at the door.
- Fees must be paid in full before a student can enter the program every term.
- Student must not attend class if unwell and contact the academy for an online alternative or a credit. Public holidays are made up with either an extra lesson or session hours added on which will be decided by Innovate Academy.
- No parent / guardian is permitted to stay in the classroom as the program promotes independent learning.
- COVID- 19: Lessons affected by lockdowns will be delivered online. Students are required to attend these sessions.
- NOTE: Please refer to notices from Innovate Academy for make up lessons and session changes during the term, if applicable.
Why not book an online assessment so that we can access the student’s knowledge of the subject and give them an introduction of robotics/coding/technology. An assessment fee is AUD 50.
Class Ratio: 1:1 (Student : Educator)