Robot IQ Robotics Academy (After School Program)
Age Range: Grades 4 to 6
Prerequites: Suitable for students who have a keen interest in technology, robotics and computer science. No prior experience is required. Good behaviour in the classroom is expected.
OUR WORLD CHAMPIONS – NO.3 IN THE WORLD!!!
The popular Robot IQ Robotics Academy is suitable for students who love STEM, engaging activities and who wish to take on their learning of robotics to a higher and deeper level with progression along our academic pathway. The Robot IQ Robotics Academy is also suited for beginners with a great attitude of wanting to learn a complex and interesting system.
Students will learn robotics with different smart motors, sensors, gears, chains, tank threads, shafts pulleys and much more. Engineering for students! While also developing their building skills, students will also be taught coding with ROBOT C which is a popular programming language for software development and are building a foundation that sets up a perfect pipeline to future robotics competitions, college, university and a career.
Students at the Robot IQ Robotics Academy are provided with fun fields to play with various kits and challenges, to get into the competitive atmosphere of the Innovate’s Robotics Competitions and external competitions. Through the year, students will learn a variety of different projects and participate in other engineering challenges as part of Innovate’s curriculum (students will have to be in the academy for a year to experience these additional activities and secondary modules listed below). With our interactive learning environment, students are able to learn while making new friends, learn how to work in teams, problem solve, develop their critical thinking skills and gain a wholesome STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) education.
- Vex IQ robotics system
- CAD (Computer Aided Design)
- 3D printing and design
- Virtual robotics
- Artificial Intelligence
- Augmented Reality
Innovate Academy Robot IQ Robotics Certification modules are available for students who have participated in this program for a minimum of 2 terms (additional certification fees apply). Robot IQ Robotics Levels 1 to 3 are available for students who are driven to succeed and who would like to take their knowledge of the VEX IQ Robotics System to a higher level.
What you need to know:
- Students should be willing to learn and work with others as a TEAM.
- For maximum benefit, the academy prefers students committed to the academy for a year but students can still leave after a term if they wish to.
- Students may take certification exams (Levels 1 to 3) should they wish to take their learning to a deeper and higher level.
- Robotics learning pathway to Advanced Systems in Grade 7 onwards.
- Students are expected to join in the curriculum set for every term and demonstrate respectful behaviour.
- No Trial Classes available. The program is suited for students who are driven and who are interested in achieving an outcome.
Robot IQ Robotics Academy Details Term 4, 2019
9 week program each term
Start date: Tuesday, 8 October* 2019
End date: Tuesday, 3 December 2019
*Tuesday, 5 November 2019 is the Melbourne Cup Public Holiday. This session will be made up as follows:
Tuesday, 8 Oct – 6.00pm to 8.00pm
Tuesday, 15 Oct – 6.00pm to 8.00pm
Tuesday, 22 Oct – 6.00pm to 8.00pm
Session Time: 6.00pm to 7.30pm (Tuesdays)
Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 – 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Cost: $270 per term, per student (Additional $10 late enrollment fee applies after Friday 27 September 2019. Please book early to avoid this payment. This greatly helps with program and resource planning.)
Term Dates for 2019:
Term 3 (9 weeks) – Tuesday 16 July 2019 to Tuesday 10 September 2019
Term 4 (9 weeks) – Tuesday 8 October 2019 to Tuesday 3 December 2019
Term Dates for 2020:
Term 1 (9 weeks) – Tuesday 28 January 2020 to Tuesday 24 March 2020
Program Key Terms for Enrollments & Renewals
- Bookings /Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
- No cash payment at the door.
- Fees must be paid in full before a student can enter the program every term.
- There are no make up classes for this program if a student does not come for class. Public holidays are made up with either an extra lesson or session hours added on which will be decided by Innovate Academy.
- No parent / guardian is permitted to stay in the classroom as the program promotes independent learning.
NOTE: Please refer to notices from Innovate Academy for make up lessons and session changes during the term, if applicable.
Terms and Conditions apply.