YOUTH LEADERSHIP ACADEMY
Youth Leadership Academy Details
Age Range: Grades 3 to 6
Suitable for: Students of high potential, students aiming for or are in leadership positions, students who are working on getting eductional scholarships.
Youth Leadership Academy Details Term 2, 2023:
8 week program each term
Start date: Tuesday 2 May 2023 | End date: Tuesday, 20 June 2023
Session Time: 7.00 pm to 8.00 pm (Tuesday)
Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 – 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Cost: $290 per term, per student
Tuesday Term Dates for 2023:
Term 1 (8 weeks) – Tuesday 31 January 2023 | Tuesday, 28 March 2023
Term 2 (8 weeks) – Tuesday 2 May 2023 to Tuesday 20 June 2023
Term 3 (8 weeks) – Tuesday 11 July 2023 to Tuesday 29 August 2023
Term 4 (8 weeks) – Tuesday 3 October 2023 to Tuesday 28 November 2023
Module: Leading from the lockers
How to Lead right from where you are
Based on John Maxwell’s best-selling title, Developing the Leader Within You, Leading from the Lockers offers tweens the tools they need to develop as leaders before reaching high school or college. Leadership takes many forms, and today kids are assuming roles as leaders in school, ontheir sports teams, in church youth groups and as peer mentors.
Leading from the Lockers covers the topics of influence, priorities, integrity, problem solving, self-discipline, and peer relationships.
This leadership program will empower youth to have the mindset and actions to more effectively lead others in school and in the community.
John C. Maxwell says: “Leadership is influence, and influence is leadership.”
This leadership development academy will help youth understand how they can be leaders now. This will challenge them to develop the habits, practices, and mindset of a transformational leader. Students will not only learn but also be challenged and held accountable to applying what they learn.
Students who complete this course successfully will be able to:
- Learn skills needed to be an effective leader
- Develop a leader’s mindset
- Clarify their personal leadership vision
- Learn and apply self-leadership principles
- Develop improved problem-solving skills
- Develop improved responses to change and challenges
Program Key Terms for Enrollments & Renewals
- Bookings /Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
- No cash payment at the door.
- Fees must be paid in full before a student can enter the program every term.
- Student must not attend class if unwell and contact the academy for an online alternative or a credit. Public holidays are made up with either an extra lesson or session hours added on which will be decided by Innovate Academy.
- No parent / guardian is permitted to stay in the classroom as the program promotes independent learning.
- NOTE: Please refer to notices from Innovate Academy for make up lessons and session changes during the term, if applicable.
Terms and Conditions apply