Terms & Conditions for ITRA Programs
In line with our COVID SAFE CLASSROOM POLICY, please read our terms and conditions carefully before booking into any of our programs. All programs take into account our COVID SAFE practices and all students are expected to follow them.
COVID- 19: Innovate Technology and Robotics Programs operate on Flexible Delivery due to COVID- 19: Lessons affected by lockdowns will be delivered ONLINE. Students are required to attend these sessions.
COVID-19 is an ever changing situation and sometimes class sessions can be impacted by restrictions and lockdowns which can arise from time to time without prior notice. If sessions are impacted by situations arising from COVID-19, ITRA will organise replacements of these affected sessions with online classes. Online classes continue to supplement the learning of the term.
Innovate Technology and Robotics Academy reserves the right to amend any terms and conditions at any point without prior notice.
- Registrations– Registrations must be completed in full with payment for the current term, before a student is allowed to attend ITRA programs.
- Academy hours– Please follow the stated hours of the academy program you have signed up for. Students should not be dropped off earlier at our training centre or left unattended as ITRA cannot be held responsible for any situation arising from failure to adhere to this policy. Students are to be picked up promptly after each session. Late Pick Up Fee of $2 per minute applies in the event of a late pick up.
- Care of equipment– All equipment are the property of ITRA and are not to be removed from the training centre. Students are required to adhere to the rules set by ITRA when it comes to handling equipment. All equipment must be handled with care. Should a student damage any form of equipment, the said student’s parent is liable to compensate ITRA, the full retail price of the damaged equipment.
- Responsible Digital Citizenship – At ITRA, students are expected to respect the software and the intellectual property of all technology used. All software /emails given for use at ITRA must be treated with care and not distributed to others or handled inappropriately. No form of cyberbullying of anyone in the academy will be tolerated. Parents must be fully aware of what your child is using at ITRA which will always be communicated to you in academy emails and check with your child’s instructor if you require clarification.
- Zero tolerance for disruptive behaviour, bullying and compromising the safety and enjoyment of others – ITRA has a zero tolerance policy for any form of bullying or engaging in behaviour that is disruptive or compromises the safety of other students or instructors. Any student who willfully engages in disruptive behaviour or any form of bullying will be asked to leave the academy. Parents will be notified immediately to pick up their child. There will be no refund given in this circumstance. We have a zero tolerance policy for any form of aggressive or rude behaviour towards instructors or any child in the program. Parents will be notified to come and collect their child if the said student compromises the safety, enjoyment and experiences of others.
- Parent involvement – As the academy is a classroom based program with hands-on practical activities and moments of reflection and learning from an instructor, parents are NOT permitted to sit in the classroom. We encourage parents to speak with instructors regarding the progress of a student.
- Children First Policy – We owe it to every student that they will have our full attention while the program is in session. We also value their safety. If you are not an Innovate academy student but interested in joining the academy, please book your seat online We are unable to entertain any walk-in enquiries at the door of our training centre due to our classroom setting and our instructors focus is on the students. We seek your kind understanding on that. If you wish to speak to us, please call 1300 694 666 to make an appointment.
- Personal safety and the safety of others – Please inform your instructor if your child has any allergies or medical conditions. If your child has a medical action plan, please pass it to the instructor. Kindly be mindful of other children in the program who may have allergies and observe the NO-NUT policy. Students are also expected to treat their fellow academy participants and instructors / facilitators with respect.
- Safe Working With Children– All ITRA head instructors and facilitators have a valid Working With Children Check.
- Feedback or concerns– If you need to speak to an instructor, please do so before or after a session as our focus is on our students during the session.
- Consent to photography– Consent to photography is required to attend any program provided by ITRA c/o Innovate Ahead Group Pty Ltd. Scope of consent to photography includes consent to publish photographs related to the programs on innovatetechacademy.com, social media platforms and direct marketing materials. Any requests to decline this consent to photography must be done so in writing. ITRA undertakes not to misrepresent a student’s participation in the program.
- Intake into ITRA– Intake into ITRA is at the start of every school term. This is in the best interests of our students. If you have missed the intake for the current term, please register for the next term instead.
- Make-Up Sessions – In the event of of a public holiday, a make up lesson will be provided at a date and time chosen by ITRA, subject to availability of instructors OR extended academy sessions may be arranged at the discretion of the academy. Please read all communication given regarding these changes which will be sent to all parents.
- Academy Enquiries – Please contact ITRA at +61 3 9764 8281 or email [email protected] if you have any questions. For current students, you may also use the private academy email.
Innovate Technology and Robotics Academy Refund Policy
- There will be No Refund given upon any withdrawal from Innovate Academy, therefore we advise all parents to read our policies very carefully and plan your schedules before registering for any of our programs.
- No refunds will be given should your child miss a session / several sessions or the entire term.
- There will be no refund for Change of Mind so please consider your finances and individual circumstances before you sign up for any program.
- No refund will be entertained after the term has started (for term academy programs).
- If a refund is requested because the student is ill, a medical certificate must be provided for our consideration. Please do not send any unwell child to class at any point. Instead, please notify ITRA so as to organize a make up session (online only) or a credit.
- Refund under special circumstances may be given solely and entirely at the discretion of the management. The management reserves the right to refuse a refund at any point. Should a refund be given under special circumstances, an admin fee of $30 will apply per student, per program.
- A transfer of term fee of $30 applies for students who requests to transfer their current term of study to the next term after the term has commenced.
- A transfer of course fee of $30 applies for change of course during the current term after term has commenced.
- Please consider your financial status and obligations or responsibilities before you purchase any of our programs. Innovate Technology and Robotics Academy will not be held responsible for any issues arising from your financial position at any point.
Upon purchase of a program at Innovate Technology and Robotics Academy, it is deemed you have read, understood and agree with Innovate Technology and Robotics Academy’s Terms and Conditions. Innovate Technology and Robotics Academy reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
Innovate Technology and Robotics Academy School Programs Terms and Conditions
1. Registration – Registration and payment is required before joining the program each term.
2. Care of equipment – This is required on the part of the student joining the program. Should a student damage any form of equipment, the said student’s parent is liable to compensate ITRA, the full retail price of the damaged equipment.
3. Respect for instructors and students – Students are expected to show respect for instructors and other students by working well in class and not spoiling the learning experiences of others. Students who do not comply with this may not participate in the program. There is a process ITRA follows and parents of the said students will be contacted first and a mutual working together towards inproving the situation is our first approach before anything else. Similarly, all communication between a parent and ITRA will be done with mutual respect in regards to phone or written communication.
4. Consent to photography – For the purpose of class updates and / or school newsletter or website marketing of the said school. Please notify ITRA in writing if you decline to give consent.
5. Refund policy – a. There are no refunds given for booking into a school program. Please ensure that the student has a clear schedule before booking into the program. b. There are no refunds or make up classes given for family holidays or personal reasons. We advise you not to enroll the student into the program for the term if the student is going to miss classes. c. Refunds will only be given at the discretion of the management and if so, a $20 admin processing fee will apply.
6. School camps – Sessions affected by official school camps will be made up with alternative sessions either in the student’s school at a selected time, at Forest Hill College or online.
7. Students who are unwell – Please do not send a student who is unwell to class. If the student has not been to school that day because he / she was unwell, the student must not come to class after school. Please contact ITRA by email to arrange a make-up session. Parent must contact ITRA by email to inform absence on the same day before class commences. Where ITRA is notified after the class or at the end of term, no make-up session can be arranged. Make up session will be offered where possible in-class when we can accommodate and alternatively will be an online session.
8. Late Pick Up’s – All students should be picked up on time after class. Late pick up fees apply for pick up’s which exceed 10 mins after class at $1.00 per minute.
9. Responsible Digital Citizenship – At ITRA, students are expected to respect the software and the intellectual property of all technology used. All software /emails given for use at ITRA must be treated with care and not distributed to others or handled inappropriately. No form of cyberbullying of anyone in the academy will be tolerated. Parents must be fully aware of what your child is using at ITRA which will always be communicated to you in academy emails and check with your child’s instructor if you require clarification.
10. Email and General Communication – Every effort is made towards adding each contact email to the mailing list because we want you to know exactly what is going on in our classrooms. Please follow the instructions given as to how to whitelist ITRA emails so that they do not end up in your spam or promotions folder and deliverability of these emails is always accurate (according to all major email providers) unless the incorrect email address is provided at the point of registration to us. We respectfully ask that our staff not be blamed if these emails end up in the folders other than the primary folder (inbox) as this cannot be controlled at our end at all. Your interaction with these emails from ITRA (opening and reading them) will ensure better deliverability of these emails to the appropriate folder. Text messages do not accompany every email and are only used for very important messages that we do not want you to miss.
Innovate Tech Camps Policies (Holiday Programs)
1) Registrations: Registrations must be completed in full, online, before a student is allowed to attend the camp. No registrations will be accepted at the door.
2) Doors open: Doors will open at 8.45am for parents to sign your child in. Please do not drop your child off at the training premises earlier or leave them unattended.
3) Sign In/Out Procedures:
Innovate Tech Camps Australia requires that all Camp attendees are properly signed in by an adult. This helps ensure the safety of your child. We require children to be signed out by an authorized adult at all camps.
It is our responsibility to ensure that your child leaves with the appropriate person each day. We seek for your kind co-operation if we ask for proper identification.
All forms must be filled in prior to the commencement of the camp programs through our online form submission process.
4) Punctuality: Students are expected to be punctual for holiday camps. This is to ensure minimal disruptions when the program has started. Camp attendees are dismissed at 3.00pm. We seek your kind understanding to be punctual when picking up your child as our instructors are unable to attend to your child once the program is over due to other responsibilities.
PLEASE NOTE: Late pick ups will incur a charge of $1 per minute.
5) Care of equipment – All equipment are the property of Innovate Tech Camps Australia. Camp attendees are required to adhere to the rules of Innovate Tech Camps Australia when it comes to handling equipment. All equipment must be handled with care. Should an attendee damage any form of equipment, the said attendee’s parent is liable to compensate Innovate Tech Camps Australia, the full retail price of the damaged equipment.
6) Zero tolerance for disruptive behaviour and bullying: Innovate Tech Camps Australia has a zero tolerance policy for any form of bullying or engaging in behaviour that is disruptive or compromises the safety of other camp attendees or instructors. Any camp attendee who wilfully engages in disruptive behaviour or any form of bullying will be asked to leave the camp. Parents will be notified immediately to pick up their child. There will be no refund given in this circumstance.
7) The Camp for Kids and Teens: Parents should drop their child off at the holiday programs and return to pick the child up at 3.00pm. As this is a kids zone, parents / guardians or relatives should not be loitering in the premises during the program hours. Innovate staff reserve the right to request anyone to leave the premises during the program hours.
Holiday Camp Program Refund Policy
Our training refund policy is as follows:
1) There will be No Refund given upon any withdrawal from the holiday programs therefore we advise all parents to read our policies very carefully before registering for any of our programs. Plan your schedule before you purchase a program.
2) There will be no refund for Change of Mind.
3) No refunds will be given should your child miss a session or the entire holiday program.
4) While we do not offer a refund, should your child miss the holiday program due to illness or injury, we will offer you a credit on your account, which you can use at our next holiday program. A medical certificate is required to qualify for this credit. Credits must be used at the next holiday program which follows and cannot be carried over to subsequent holiday programs or academy sessions. Should you child miss the next holiday program, all credits will be forfeited and no refund will be entertained. We reserve the right to change programs and their durations every season.
5) Refund under special circumstances may be given solely and exclusively at the discretion of the management. Should a refund be given under special circumstances,an admin fee of $50 will apply. Refund under special circumstances can only apply up to 2 weeks prior to our camp dates. No refunds will be entertained 2 weeks before holiday camps, during the duration of the camps or after the camps.
6) Refund requests must be made in writing to [email protected] Requests made over the phone will not be considered or authorized.
7) Please consider your financial status and obligations or responsibilities before you purchase any of our programs. Innovate Tech Camps Australia will not be held responsible for any issues arising from your financial position at any point.
All information and personal particulars collected are for the use of Innovate Tech Camps Australia and for the purpose of the tech camp you have signed up for.
Innovate Tech Camps Australia only requests medical information with the sole purpose of helping your child during the tech camps.
All information collected is not passed on nor sold to any third parties or disclosed to anyone.
We do not use your email to send you any further information after your tech camp is over. If you would like to find out about future tech camps or weekly robotics clubs, please subscribe to our mailing list on our relevant website(s).
Please plan ahead, read and understand our Camp Policies, Refund Policies and FAQs before you enroll into any of our holiday camps.
Disclaimer: Innovate Tech Camps Australia reserves the right to amend the Camp Policies and Refund terms without prior notice.