Tech Explorers Academy
Age range: Grade 1 to Grade 3
Prerequisite: Suitable for students who are able to attend the class independently with a keen interest in fun learning.
Learning Requirements: If your child has additional learning requirements, please contact Innovate Academy before enrollment.
Tech Explorers is an integrated STEM academy for students who would like to explore a range of technology to prepare for pathways in coding, robotics and digital technologies.
With a blended learning format consisting of both face to face and online learning, students learn how to adapt to changing learning situations and how to become confident of learning in class and online. This program teaches the fundamentals of robotics, coding and other STEM curriculum, suitable for younger students to develop their confidence in problem solving, creativity, design, communication and more.
This is a great place to give younger students a head start in STEM subjects and develop their confidence in robotics, coding and handling various types of technology in a safe and fun place filled with core values and plenty of encouragement.
What students learn through the year:
- Fundamentals of robotics and coding
- Engineering concepts
- Robotics with Gears, Pulleys, Belts, Levers
- Exploring simple machines and clever contraptions
- Architecture and Design
- Developing logical thinking with Drag and Drop programming using Scratch / various apps
- Electronics – how circuits work
- Technology – Touch typing, basic computer skills
Tech Explorers Academy Details Term 4, 2022:
8 week program in Term 4, 2022
Start date: * To be advised | End date: To be advised
*This program is conducted ON-SITE. It operates on Flexible Delivery due to COVID- 19: Lessons affected by lockdowns / student / instructorwill be delivered online only. Students are required to attend these sessions. All materials are provided for face to face delivery in the classroom. For online lessons, students are required to have a laptop and stable internet connection.
Session Time: 6.00 pm – 7.15pm| Venue: Forest Hill College, 178 – 180 Mahoneys Road , Burwood East, VIC
Class Ratio: 8:1 (Student : Educator) |Cost: $280 per student, per term
Monday Term Dates for 2022:
Term 4 (8 weeks) – Monday 3 October 2022 to Monday 21 November 2022
Program Key Terms for Enrollments & Renewals
- Bookings /Renewals for every term can be done on this page.
- Fees can be paid anytime during the current term for the next term before the due date.
- Fees must be paid in full before a student can enter the program every term.
- Public holidays are made up with either an extra lesson or session hours added on which will be decided by Innovate Academy.
- Student must not attend class if unwell and contact the academy for an online alternative or a credit.
- No parent / guardian is permitted to stay in the classroom as the program promotes independent learning.
- This program is only suitable for students who are in Grades 1 and 2.
- COVID- 19: Lessons affected by lockdowns/student/instructor isolation will be delivered online only. Students are required to attend these sessions.
- NOTE: Please refer to notices from Innovate Academy for make up lessons and session changes during the term, if applicable.